Sunday, August 25, 2013

Terry Fox Drive: Update!




Thank you to all in Winnipeg, and all other parts of Canada, for supporting the idea to name the Perimeter Highway after the late Winnipeg-born philanthropist Terry Fox.  In particular, I would like to thank the owners of local blogs "Anybody want a Peanut" and "West End Dumplings" for their recent blog entries, which encourage me to continue.

Since Friday, I have been subject to media requests from different sources, and to be quite honest, I may be way over my head.  I'm just a simple blue-collar worker, who does not want or need any type of publicity, and I certainly would never want to create the impression that I am making a name for myself, off of Terry Fox's memory.  

I have decided to contact the Terry Fox Foundation, and the Canadian Cancer Society, and ask for their blessing, in regards to this campaign.  I hope and pray they give me the go-ahead to take the campaign to the next level, and hand the petition to City Hall.  This has surpassed my wildest expectations, and I believe it shows that the majority of Winnipeggers would overwhelmingly favor renaming a road, school, community centre, or even a park after the late Terry Fox.


If anyone reading this would like to do more for the Terry Fox Foundation, please click on this link to volunteer, participate, or donate your time, effort, and/or money for a worthwhile cause.  You can also make a donation to the Canadian Cancer Society, by clicking this link.  Terry Fox ran the Marathon of Hope, because he truly believed "cancer can be beaten."  Let's help make Terry's dream a reality, and support his cause. 


No comments:

Post a Comment